Molly

Molly
The Love of My Life

Friday, March 23, 2012

Greyt Information

I have a retired racer named Molly. I adopted her when she was 2 and she's 10 now. She is the light of my life. I don't have human kids. I have a greyhound daughter, Molly and a Calico cat daughter, Alice. I would like to adopt 5 more greyhounds but I don't have the space or the money right now. Molly is the sweetest dog you have ever seen. Most people don't realize that many greys are cat and small dog safe and Molly is one of them. When I first got her, she was not cat safe at all. I was able to train her to be cat safe. She now lives with one and is very loving to her. This is the 2nd cat she's lived with. It was extremely easy to train her. Greys are incredibly smart animals and can be trained to do almost anything. I used to volunteer here in San Diego for The Greyhound Adoption Center (GAC). I did a lot of Show and Tells with Molly. It is a great way to get information out to people and let them interact with greyhounds. GAC is an amazing organization. They bring in greys mostly from Caliente in Mexico and Arizona but occasionally from other places. They recently built a brand new kennel so they can bring in twice as many dogs as they used to. I'm going to start volunteering again because I miss doing it. If anyone reading this is from San Diego and is interested in volunteering or adopting, you can contact me here or contact them directly by going to their website http://www.houndsavers.org/ . I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment