Molly

Molly
The Love of My Life

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bad Commercial!

OMG, did anyone see the new Absolut Vodka commercial? It's called Absolut Greyhound. It has several greyhounds (actually, they are futuristic mechanical looking greyhounds, but they are still greyhounds) racing towards an Absolut vodka martini. Didn't they see all the protesting going on over that stupid Sketchers commercial? As soon as I saw it, my mouth popped open and I called out Ohhhh Myyyy Godddd!!!! My best friend was with me and her eyes popped open when she saw it then looked at me and said "I can't believe it!" I was so pissed (pardon my French) I couldn't even speak after those first three words! I literally kept trying and trying to speak, to get something to come out of my mouth, but I couldn't. Please tell me someone has seen this commercial? I know there are only four members but I would really like it if someone would respond to this. I don't want this to be a one-way blog. Really...someone pleeeeease answer me this time. I feel like I'm writing for only myself. This blog is supposed to be a dialogue for people to talk about the horrors of greyhound racing and the wonders of greyhound adopting. So someone please answer me!

3 comments:

  1. I never watch tv, so I haven't seen the commercial. But I think I'm seeing a renewed interest in Greyhounds beyond the rescue community that knows intimately about the horrors of racing. For example, recently I've seen Greyhounds featured in layouts in upscale shelter magazines. We will just have to continue to educate people about the cold, hard realities of racing. It's a long process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if we keep on talking. someone's bound to hear us!

      Delete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog because I too was appalled that something so cruel was used to promote any product. The most disturbing part to me was that the "mechanical" dogs looked more like real dogs with all sorts of sci-fi armor things that allowed people to control their movement. Maybe I wouldn't have been as horrified if they had looked less muscular and alive under all that stuff. If I had the space and time, I would adopt a rescued greyhound myself but I really hope this commercial eventually becomes an opportunity for education rather than an exaltation of current greyhound racing practices. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is much of an uproar about it or any letter writing campaigns. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete